Monday, May 24, 2010

A Morning in the Rain

I had an interesting walk into school this morning.  I would say that it was a pleasurable trip, but it wasn't.  By the time I had gone two blocks from my apartment, I was both freezing cold and dripping wet.  I knew, however, that not far away was a lab in the Clyde building which is both warm and dry.  This got me thinking about those in extreme poverty who don't have a Clyde building where they run when the weather gets cold.  A greater sense of urgency has now come upon me, a sense that we need find a quicker way to get these people out of the conditions they are in, so they too can have a place to come in from the bitter cold.  And to do this, we need a greater number of people to pull together to help these, our brothers and sisters, out of poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment